Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Melting

May 22, 2008

We are absolutely melting here. We were absolutely dripping with sweat tonight at the missionary fellowship. They say it is unseasonably warm for this time of year. That is an understatement!

I had today off but no one was going to town so I couldn't get a ride. I just couldn't face the bus in this heat! I can't wait till I have my own vehicle! I took Jasmine for a walk up the hill and into the jungle. Coming back she collapsed in the shade, spread out, laid her head down and refused to move. I let her rest a few minutes and gave her water, but she still wouldn't get up. I tried pulling on her leash and I just drug her down the path!!! She is so pitiful. Finally I had to pick her up and carry her a ways. Then she was OK. She didn't mind her bath at all when we got back!

There is a visiting doctor from Canada here so I won't be the only one in clinic tomorrow. Praise the Lord!

I may go fishing with the boys this weekend. The motor still isn't fixed from the last time when we nearly sank the boat. I guess they'll be rowing out there! They say they are leaving really early, so we'll see how I feel about getting up early on Saturday.

I said goodbye to my friend Cara tonight. She is going back to the States tomorrow. It was very sad and I couldn't stop crying all through the prayer time. I thought that maybe no one would notice the tears with the sweat dripping down my face but I guess the red eyes and nose gave it away. I'm really going to miss her!

No comments: