Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Don't grab the needle!

May 16, 2008

Work was OK today considering I was the only doc. A kid fell off a wall and split his forehead open, so that was fun to sew up. I gave him medicine to make him really sleepy but he woke up in the middle of it and was thrashing around and I was trying to keep him from grabbing the needle!!! We gave him more drugs and all was well! :)

I'm over at the hospital again for another "non-emergency" that came in this afternoon. This place is hopping. I hope it calms down tonight! A guy drank some "te del monte" which means literally tea of the mountain. So, the crazy herbs made him puke his guts out all afternoon and then he came to us. I so badly wanted to say, "well, you shouldn't take herbs when you don't know what they are", but being a smart-alec down here doesn't go over so well!

At our missionary fellowship this week, Guildy (the little girl who hit her head and almost died a couple weeks ago) was dancing around and clapping her hands and giving everyone hugs. It was so beautiful to see her acting like herself again. What a blessing that she is still with us and seems to be doing well!

No comments: