Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ashley

May 14, 2008

This is a difficult month of goodbyes. The Larson's have left, my good friend Ashley is leaving this Friday, my friend Cara is leaving next week, the Brownings are leaving this month, the Yount's have left for 4 months....yikes!

Ashley is a college student who has been working at the bilingual school and living next door. We eat together and hang out all the time and she has become a dear friend. I will really miss having someone to talk to at the end of the day and eat dinner with and go to the beach with and have discussions about life and God and love and the future.... The next few weeks after she leaves are going to be lonely!

Work at the hospital has been very stressful, especially last week when all the docs were in Tegus and I was the only one here Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning. I was suddenly covering everyone's hospital patients and the clinic by myself. I'm not used to that! But God was gracious and did not send anything I couldn't handle. I sure missed having Jeff around to ask questions of. ( I hate it when our surgeon is gone!) I was the only doc in clinic on Monday and again tomorrow. Then again on Friday and every Friday through June. I guess I'll have to get used to working solo for a while. I can't wait till our short-term visiting docs start coming to help out!

I am very thankful for my sweet puppy, Jasmine, who keeps me company and gives great hugs!!! Though she's not so cute when she wakes me up in the middle of the night or poops on the porch! That is getting better though.

No comments: