Sunday, April 20, 2008

Jasmine


I have a new puppy! She is soooo adorable! She is a Chocolate Lab/Weimeriener mix, so she is dark brown with green eyes. She is nearly 8 wks old and already pretty big. I like the name Jasmine, but since she is a Honduran dog, she must have 4 names. My friend Ashley really wanted to me to name the dog after her, so her full name is: Jasmine Ashley Lilly Kusler.

I got her this week and I must say that I am very tired. At night Jasmine wakes up and whines and cries about every two hours. The first night I just thought she had to go to the bathroom all those times. But I now realize that about 3:30 in the morning is her favorite time to play!!! Since I live in an upstairs apartment, I have to scoop her up, hurtle over the wood barricade I made to keep her on the balcony, run across staff housing, down the stairs and outside to the grass where she can do her business. Even though I've been getting plenty of exercise running up and down stairs, she pees all the time, so I've still had some messes to clean up. I swear she has the smallest bladder of any dog I've ever seen! I tried to put paper down to have her go on that and she promptly shredded the paper while I was in the shower. Hmm. This could be a challenging situation!!!
Oh, well, I asked for it! Hopefully she'll get used to this place soon and stop crying every time she is alone...and grow a bigger bladder. In the meantime I will get plenty of exercise running up and down stairs and star gazing throughout the night!

3 comments:

Just Kelly said...

How cute is she!!!! Puppy bladders are always tiny, and though I don't like the thought of waking up all night, I'm jealous! I so want one, but with the man being allergic to dogs, its gonna be a while! Enjoy!

Kirsten said...

I know just what you are going through. I am so glad my puppy was older when I got her. You will love it in the end. I still wonder if I did the right thing getting a dog, but all I have to do is look at her to know it was the right thing.

Jonesy said...

That dog is ridiculously cute. Even Keith said he thought it was pretty much the cutest dog he had ever seen. And that's a good thing, because when she destroys everything you have ever loved, hopefully it will help you forgive her!