Monday, October 27, 2008

Delivery!

Friday, Oct. 17, 2008

We had a delivery early this morning! She was a lovely patient that I had seen many times for prenatal care. She came in the middle of the night because she was having some bleeding and was scared. That turned out to be fine, but when her water broke there was thick meconium and it was my turn to be scared! Luckily, I had a very experienced OB nurse with me (thanks Amber!) and I called John down as well in case there was trouble with the baby. I can't tell you what a difference it makes to work with a nurse who actually knows what she is doing...and is good at it!!! Our Honduran nurses are really sweet, but when it comes to OB, I have to hold their hands and tell them every little thing to do.

Everything turned out great, and as you can see in the photos, Mom and Dad were beaming!!! Three of their six other children were there as well and treated their new little sister like a new baby doll. They were thrilled! So, needless to say, this was a very fun day for me!

No comments: