Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Salsa and Zuko


I must say that I make some pretty mean salsa. I'm quite well known among Greeleyites for my delicious salsa and for the taste of garlic left in your mouth for several days after eating it! :) Unfortunately, my secret weapon (salsa maker) did not make it to Honduras, so I was reduced to chopping vegetables by hand. No wonder people don't make salsa that often! Its a lot of work! I'll have to try it out on some of the other missionaries and see if they
like it as much as my Colorado friends.


Just wanted to show the "juice of choice" for most Hondurans in these parts. ZUKO. It is of course not juice at all, rather lotsa sugar with some flavoring. Strange thing is that it really grows on you and I've become quite fond of the Mango flavor. Hope all my teeth don't fall out! The local Honduran dental disaster is a good demonstration of what happens when you drink sugar and never brush your teeth!

No comments: