Friday, November 21, 2008

Fun in the Mud


I wouldn't exactly classify our missionary kids here as the type to tip-toe through the mud, trying not to get their pants or shoes dirty. They are much more likely to run around barefoot and find a nice muddy hill to slide down! Somehow I got drug into one of these adventures, though I had the brains not to fling myself down the muddy slope myself. You might think these were some of the young boys, running around getting dirty...nope. It was the girls! We all walked up the muddy road to the "perfect" very steep hill of mud and they flung themselves down it over and over. If only they had a toboggan or even a good trashcan lid to slide down on, I may have tried it. But alas, my bum is not as young as it used to be...:)

After they had giggled and screamed themselves hoarse with glee and gotten themselves completely covered in the slippery red mud, they decided I was much too clean. By the time we got back down the road, one of the Mom's said, "oh, Renee, I'm surprised you went down it!". When I told her I hadn't, she didn't believe me because I was covered in mud from head to toe!


No comments: