Monday, November 12, 2007

Drumming and dancing...

Most of you know by now that I have a relatively recent infatuation with drumming. It all started in London, was greatly enhanced by my bongo drum purchase in Africa, and now I am learning to play a full drum set from some of the teenagers here. What a blast! Praise God for music! One of the VERY musical families here has a drum set in their extra room as well as many other instruments and the missionary kids get together biweekly for "jam sessions" to Christian music. I join when I can and it is a great learning environment. While I am trying to hit things to the right rythm, they are learning guitar, base, flute, keyboards...crazy, scary musical talent here!!! :)

Today it was pouring rain during the kid's PE class, so I was roped into teaching them country line dancing. They did great with the Electric Slide, but struggled a bit with the Tush Push and the Boot Scootin' Boogie. We all had a blast and no one got hurt, so I count it a success!

2 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

Renee,

I'm Mark Foster's little brother and he told me about your blog. I really enjoyed reading about your adventures. I'm a 4th year medical student in the process of interviewing with Family Medicine programs in Colorado and Utah. Your work is an inspiration. Thanks!