Friday, September 21, 2007

Tarantula!!!


I awoke with an itchy toe, realizing something had bit me. I turned on the light and glanced at the clock. It was midnight. For some reason I remembered that I had not checked under my bed that night for bugs. As I hung my head over the edge of the bed, my breath caught in my throat at the sight before me. I blinked my eyes several times and wondered if I was dreaming. Then it moved. One huge, long, hairy leg after another, walking toward me. I’ve never seen a tarantula so big!!!! I yelped and called out to Amy that there was a tarantula under my bed. So, there we were, both bleary eyed, standing on our beds, wondering what to do! We ended up putting on our hiking boots, finding brooms and sticks and bowls and chasing the silly thing out from under the bed, then out from under the dresser and finally trapping it under a bowl. It was quite the ordeal and involved much jumping from one bed to another. Talk about adrenaline! We scooted the bowl outside and put a large brick on top of it. The next day we watched it bake in the sun.


2 comments:

Mark said...

Man, I hate spiders . . .

These pictures give me the creeps.

Here's hoping that the spiders and hurricanes leave you alone for a while!

Enjoyed your blog. I'll keep checking it out . . .

Rappster said...

Yikes. Spiders. Biting. Webs.

Yikes.